How to use a gas detector during a gas pipeline leak?
One major threat in the supply of gas is a leak or a pipeline rupture. The consequence of which could be an uncontrolled gas release. Gas Leak if not handled carefully can result in a serious hazard. Therefore the gas is supposed to be disposed of at the right time. The situation can assume disastrous proportions if adequate, safe, and timely actions are not taken. It is, therefore, essential to have an organized plan of action. This situation can turn into a disaster if right and adequate action is not taken timely.
Major Gas Leak Causes:
- The damage occurred in the Pipeline due to improper fittings
- Fault in the construction can cause damage.
- Mechanical Wear and Tear occurred due to corrosion
- Adverse weather condition.
- The leak occurred because of material failure.
- Valve seal leak may occur as a result of worn, dirt, or assembly failure.
- Other Actions that might be hazardous could be Natural disasters.
How to handle a sudden Gas Leak?
To handle Natural Gas leaks in Industries there should be a strategic plan that could diminish or control its magnitudes. A good build Disaster Management Plan would help to a lot of extents. To stop the leak from shaping into a massive uncontrollable condition prompt action is required.
Safety personnel might not have any particular approach to cease the faulty node once a major fire has emerged. This is because the gas pressure increases substantially. Extreme heat is emitted from the gas leak area which makes it impossible for anyone to intervene.
Below are few steps discussed to treat an incident without panicking just by using gas detection system.
The Steps involved in treating such incidents are:
1. You should ensure the position of all staff.
2. Quickly Inform the Safety Department.
3. Section Isolation from the Pipeline which has been damaged.
4. Informing the local authorities so they could take care of other connected wires and fitting near the facility.
5. Water hosepipes must continue to cool the site until gas leakage has been totally tackled.
6. Using a reliable Gas Detection System.
Best Plan for Handling the Gas Leak the right way:
A fixed gas detector could be the best solution as it works with IR sensors that sense the gas as per its wavelength. Infrared (IR) Point Detector gas detection system constantly monitors the lower explosive limit of combustible gases. The IR gas leak detection system quickly provides alarm indications that prepare the staff and provide time for taking emergency safety measures.
Below are the multiple benefits of remoREAD Wireless Gas Detector:
- Even if there is no power supply the devices will Detect Gas.
- Detector is continuously “ON”
- The device can be easily installed in remote area
- Zero maintenance is required
- Cabling is not required
- Wireless Communication over 4G to Mobile
- Rechargeable Battery (Battery life is more than 6 months)
- Mobile Alert based system for Gas Leakage
- It provides Real Time Location of Gas Detection System intimation
- The device delivers Daily Health Alert
- Remote annunciation in control room via Gateway
- There is No limitation on distance